Build a skill. Save a life.
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will be certified in:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding r.17
- Waterfront Lifeguarding
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- First Aid Certification
All certifications are valid for two (2) years from date of issue.
- Must be at 15 years of age by the last day of class.
- Continuously swim for 300 yards for pool lifeguard/550 yards for waterfront lifeguard.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Pick up a 10-pound brick off the bottom of the pool and swim 25 yards
- Swim underwater for a distance of 15 feet
To receive Lifeguard Certification a participant must:
- Attend and participate in 100% of all class sessions
- Arrive on time for all class sessions
- Score 80% or better on all written tests
- Demonstrate all skills proficiently and pass all scenario tests
- Demonstrate maturity, respect and responsibility regardless of passing written and skill test
- Certification confirmation documents will be sent to participant 1 week post-course completion.
UPCOMING Course Dates & Times
- FINAL YMCA 2017 Class:
- Members $225*
- Non-Members $275*
- Pre-test Fee (applies to all) $20
* Price includes all required materials
Take me back to main SWIMMING page.