LAP SWIMMING AND WATER WALKING
Lap swimming and water walking is available all hours the pool is open each day for members.
Lap Swim Guidelines
- Need: If there are no open lanes, swimmers are expected to share lanes with others.
- Speed: Gauge the speeds of each lane and join the lane where the swimmers swim at your speed.
- Share: If there are two of you in a lane, you can stay on sides. Three or more swimmers in a lane must circle swim. Always discuss with the other swimmer what the plan for sharing is.
- Care: At all times be aware of what is going on within your lane.
- A lifeguard typically knows the best lane for you to enter, so please ask the lifeguard for assistance or any other questions.
- The open area of the pool is typically for open swim and water exercise/water walking, but can be used for lap swim if the lanes are full.
- Smile and enjoy your workout. When we work together, lap swimming can be a wonderful experience for all levels of fitness.
- Swim Band System – (pdf)
Family swim is a great opportunity for parents and children of all ages to spend quality time together. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by a responsible adult in the water at all times. Children age 5 and above may attend family swim without an adult provided the adult is in the building and they have had a swim assessment. The adult must check the child in at the pool, or FPT staff can bring them in if requested by an adult. The family pool area is open all hours of pool operation.
- Take me to the POOL SCHEDULE.
LOCKER ROOM POLICY
- The Men’s and Women’s Locker Room is for adults 19 years of age and older.
- Women may bring their preschool (5 years and under) daughters.
- Men may bring their preschool (5 years and under) sons.
- Parents changing their opposite gender children must use the Family/Special Needs Locker Room.
- Parents changing their same gender children older than 5 years must use the Girls’ & Boys’ or Family/Special Needs Locker Rooms.
- The Girls’ and Boys’ Locker Rooms are for youth in grades K-12.
- The Family/Special Needs Locker Room is for people who have special changing needs: parents with small children or people with disabilities requiring the handicap shower and changing facility.
Take me back to main SWIMMING page.