Get fit together! Experience the incredible energy that only Group Exercise classes can give you. Instructors lead you through the workouts providing you effective, fun and easy-to-follow steps. The YMCA of Olean, Bradford and Wellsville offers a wide array of classes at including cycling/spinning, Barre, Circuit Training, Core Strength, Zumba® and more! Group Exercise classes are FREE for Y members.
For a current schedule of group exercise classes please CLICK HERE.
Group Exercise Classes Include:
- Strength Class: A conditioning class to firm and strengthen muscles of the entire body. This 30-minute class uses resistance exercises to develop muscle strength and endurance.
- Total Training: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- Motion Plus: This class involves both standing and floor exercises. Participants gather for coffee after class. It’s a terrific way to meet new people and feel great!
- Chair Exercise: Combine fun with fitness in this circuit workout utilizing a chair and seated exercises. Stretching and relaxation exercises included.
- Gentle Shape-Up: Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living skills.
- Enhance®Fitness: A community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program that consists of a full hour of fun. It focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance and flexibility as well as lots of opportunities to make new friends.
- Abs/Core: This 15-minute class focuses on the abdominal/low back muscles and other core stabilizing muscles. Good core strength helps reduce back pain and improves overall fitness and stability.
- STRENGTH TRAIN TOGETHER: STRENGTH TRAIN TOGETHER will blast all your muscles with a high-rep weight training workout. Using an adjustable barbell, weight plates and body weight, this workout combines squats, lunges, presses and curls, with functional integrated exercises. Dynamic music and a motivating group atmosphere will get your heart rate up, make you sweat and push you to a personal best.
- Barre: Barre fitness classes are simply ballet-inspired, incorporating a ballet barre and maybe some plies and pirouettes here and there into the workout. Essentially, Barre classes mix elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and functional training. Classes focus on alignment and posture while enhancing coordination, balance and overall strength. No experience necessary. Barre fitness classes are taught by certified Barre instructor Margaret Larson, and they are designed for the beginner as well as the advanced participant.
- CYCLE TOGETHER: is a thrilling cardio workout inspired by outdoor cycling. Sweat, burn calories, sweat more! Cycle Together is a fantastic way to improve your cardio fitness, burn calories, shape and strengthen your lower body, and have fun while doing it! Since you control the intensity of the workout by adjusting your own bike, it’s a great workout for all ages whether you are just starting out or are an avid cyclist looking to train indoors. It’s also a great option to add to your other workouts. Please register for class at the front desk.
- CYCLE 30 TOGETHER: is a 30-minute inspiring cardio cycling workout. Cycle 30 Together is your 30-minute cardio workout. Music will make the time fly, and you will feel great working up a sweat! You can make the most out of Cycle 30 Together, no matter if you are just starting an exercise program or have been racing bikes for years. It’s only 30 minutes and the format is easy to follow. Since the bike is completely adjustable, you are in control. It’s also perfect for those that are short on time and men and women of all ages. Please register for class at the front desk.
- Cardio Strength & Fitness: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- Circuit Training: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- Core/Stretch: Concentrating on your core muscle groups and flexibility, this class will provide strengthen, relax and elongate muscles.
- Fitness On RequestTM: Virtual Fitness System available through a Kiosk at the Olean YMCA. READ MORE.
- Fitness Mix: Instructor alternates workout formats to lead this “wild card class” that will always provide a great workout!
- Power Half Hour: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
ZUMBA®: This class utilizes dance moves to provide fun and variety to your cardio workout.
- Zumba®: The perfect workout for everybody and every body! Each Zumba® class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. We take the “work” out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise.
Ready, Sweat, Go! Olean, Bradford & Wellsville YMCA membership includes full use of 3 fully-equipped facilities to serve up your daily dose of well-being. Break a sweat, chat with a friend, relax your mind, challenge your body, try something new, recharge — the Y is here for you. We promise to help support you through every stage of life, regardless of age, physical ability, size or shape.
Health & Fitness served daily…with a smile!
Check your local YMCA webpage for Group Exercise schedules and descriptions.