Get fit together! Experience the incredible energy that only Group Exercise classes can give you. Instructors lead you through the workouts providing you effective, fun and easy-to-follow steps. The YMCA of Olean, Bradford and Wellsville offers a wide array of classes at including cycling/spinning, Barre, Circuit Training, Core Strength, Zumba® and more! Group Exercise classes are FREE for Y members.
For a current schedule of group exercise classes please CLICK HERE.
Group Exercise Classes Include:
- Motion Plus: This class involves both standing and floor exercises. Participants gather for coffee after class. It’s a terrific way to meet new people and feel great!
- Chair Exercise: Combine fun with fitness in this circuit workout utilizing a chair and seated exercises. Stretching and relaxation exercises included.
- Gentle Stretch: This class includes light resistance training & stretching.
- Gentle Shape-Up: Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living skills.
- Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance: This is an evidence-based fall prevention program for older adults developed at the Oregon Research Institute. The program protocol involves a set of simple, continuous, rhythmic and functional Tai Chi-based actions. This program runs in sessions; registration is required.
- Enhance®Fitness: A community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program that consists of a full hour of fun. It focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance and flexibility as well as lots of opportunities to make new friends.
- Abs/Core: This 15-minute class focuses on the abdominal/low back muscles and other core stabilizing muscles. Good core strength helps reduce back pain and improves overall fitness and stability.
- Arms & Abs: This 30-minute class will focus on toning and strengthening arms with a variety of dumbbell, band and body-weight exercises. In addition to working your arms, you will also train your abs. The focus will be on functional strength with various plank progressions and toning with several crunch/sit-up type exercises.
- LesMILLS BODYPUMP™ is for anyone looking to get lean, toned and fit – fast.
Using light to moderate weights with lots of repetition, BODYPUMP gives you a total body workout. It will burn up to 430 calories. Instructors will coach you through scientifically proven moves and techniques, pumping out encouragement, motivation and great music – helping you achieve much more than on your own! You’ll leave the class feeling challenged and motivated, ready to come back for more.
- Barre: Barre fitness classes are simply ballet-inspired, incorporating a ballet barre and maybe some plies and pirouettes here and there into the workout. Essentially, Barre classes mix elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and functional training. Classes focus on alignment and posture while enhancing coordination, balance and overall strength. No experience necessary. Barre fitness classes are taught by certified Barre instructor Margaret Larson, and they are designed for the beginner as well as the advanced participant.
- Boot Camp: Challenge yourself with this fast-paced, calorie-blasting workout using the traditional Boot Camp style approach. Boot Camp is geared toward all fitness levels. Modifications are always offered for the beginner to the advanced.
- Cardio CYCLING/SPINNING: Indoor cycling. Instructor will guide you through an all-terrain ride while focusing on proper body alignment, heart rate and proper cycling/spinning techniques.
- Cardio Mix: This cardiovascular workout will improve the efficiency of your heart, lungs and circulatory system through continuous efforts that will not only elevate your heart rate, but also burn calories and increase your endurance.
- Cardio Strength & Fitness: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- Circuit Training: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- Core/Stretch: Concentrating on your core muscle groups and flexibility, this class will provide strengthen, relax and elongate muscles.
- Fitness On RequestTM: Virtual Fitness System available through a Kiosk at the Olean YMCA. READ MORE.
- Fitness Mix: Instructor alternates workout formats to lead this “wild card class” that will always provide a great workout!
- Morning Madness: Join us for a fun early morning workout. Cardio and strength exercises are combined in this workout that gets you ready for the day.
- PiYo: PiYo is a fun, challenging class fusing Pilates and Yoga. You will burn calories, tone muscles, work on balance and get a great stretch! The class is a little different each time, but always a great workout!
- Power Half Hour: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- Power Step: The revolutionary, cardio-based, total body-conditioning program is here! This calorie torching, shirt-soaking workout is based on the principles of MAX Interval training. It is designed to provide you a safe, challenging and results driven workout with no equipment necessary.
- RBT (Rest Based Training): Class is based on the concept of Rest Based Exercise. Rest and work in exercise are dependent upon one another, and together they deliver better results. In this class you push until you can’t and rest until you can. Every participant determines their own intensity. Great workout to improve your metabolic efficiency.
- R.I.P.P.E.D.™: It’s the hottest and most efficient total body workout, period! R.I.P.P.E.D.™ The One Stop Body Shock masterfully combines the best elements of fitness in a 45-min. time frame that delivers incredible results.
- Strength Class: A conditioning class to firm and strengthen muscles of the entire body. This 30-minute class uses resistance exercises to develop muscle strength and endurance.
- Tabata: A high intensity training that follows the Tabata Protocol which is 20 seconds of high intensity exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest. Repeated 8 times for a total of 4 minutes per exercise.
- Tai Chi – Moving for Better Balance: This is an evidence-based fall prevention program for older adults developed at the Oregon Research Institute. The program protocol involves a set of simple, continuous, rhythmic and functional Tai Chi-based actions. The program represents a significant enhancement of traditional Tai Chi by transforming the movements into therapeutic training for balance and integrating the movements into daily functioning for older adults. Research participants averaged a 55% improvement in balance over the course of 24 weeks. Loose comfortable clothing and gym shoes are recommended attire. Offered at our Olean branch only on a limited basis – call for schedule.
- Total Training: This class offers a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training exercises.
- TRX: The all-in-one total body workout system that helps you get stronger, build muscle, lose weight and improve flexibility.
YOGA CLASSES: Teaches you fundamental poses with an emphasis on proper alignment.
- Beginner Yoga: A journey into the fundamentals of yoga. Wonderful for beginners, or for those looking for a basic, yet challenging mind and body workout. Yoga is a class that creates a balance in the body through developing both strength and flexibility. It is designed to relieve stress and bring peace of mind, body and spirit to you by focusing on breathing techniques, stretching, toning and relaxation.
- YogaFit®: YogaFit® is designed to improve the health, performance, and mental acuity of athletes or individuals interested in improving their level of fitness. Based on the ancient fitness science of hatha yoga, it blends balance, strength, flexibility and power in a fitness format. YogaFit® overcomes the mystery of yoga by delivering a practical, user-friendly style, which is accessible, understandable, and doable by individuals at any level of fitness.
- PIYO®: PiYo is a fun, challenging class fusing Pilates and Yoga. You will burn calories, tone muscles, work on balance and get a great stretch! The class is a little different each time, but is always a great workout!
ZUMBA®: This class utilizes dance moves to provide fun and variety to your cardio workout.
- Zumba®: The perfect workout for everybody and every body! Each Zumba® class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. We take the “work” out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise.
- Zumba® Gold: This class is based on the same dance moves used in the original Zumba® class. The Gold class, however, is less intense, with dance routines designed for beginners and older adults using modified movements.
Ready, Sweat, Go! Olean, Bradford & Wellsville YMCA membership includes full use of 3 fully-equipped facilities to serve up your daily dose of well-being. Break a sweat, chat with a friend, relax your mind, challenge your body, try something new, recharge — the Y is here for you. We promise to help support you through every stage of life, regardless of age, physical ability, size or shape.
Health & Fitness served daily…with a smile!
Check your local YMCA webpage for Group Exercise schedules and descriptions.