Healthy Starts Here!
When you join the YMCA, you’re joining a diverse community of people committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
No matter where you are, you are near a YMCA. The YMCA of the Twin Tiers has two full facility branches, one storefront facility, one gymnastics facility and two child care & early learning centers in our area serving three counties including Allegany and Cattaraugus in New York State and McKean in Pennsylvania.
PRINT FORMS to bring into your Y branch in Olean, Bradford or Wellsville.
The YMCA has a solution for your family’s health, fitness, childcare and sports needs, and the solution is right down the street.
- Use of our three main facilities in the region
- Free Child Watch while you exercise for Family and Single-Parent Family members
- Free group classes/aerobics
- Family events
- Professional fitness staff
- Year-round swimming
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Personal training
- Reduced fees on programs
- Use of over 2,500 YMCAs across the U.S. through the YMCA’s Nationwide Membership program
As of OCTOBER 1, 2018
A Student Membership is $25/month ($0 joiner fee). A student membership is defined as a membership for one full-time student in Kindergarten through age 22.
Our YMCA offers a FREE membership to all 6th Grade Students in our service area. READ MORE.
A Young Adult Membership is $41/month ($50 joiner fee) in Olean/Bradford and $27/month in Wellsville and defined as a membership for one person 18-30 years of age.
Men’s and Women’s Adult Membership rates are $51/month ($50 joiner fee). An adult membership is defined as a membership for one person 31 years of age or older.
An Adult Couple Membership is $66/month ($50 joiner fee). An adult couple is defined as two adults that are both 19-61 years of age residing in the same household.
A Senior Citizen Membership is $40/month ($50 joiner fee). A senior citizen membership is defined as a membership for one person 62 years of age or older.
A Senior Couple Membership is $56/month ($50 joiner fee). A senior couple is defined as two adults that are both 62 years of age & older residingin the same household.
A Single-Parent Family Membership is $61/month ($50 joiner fee). A single parent family is defined as a single adult (filing as “head of household” on taxes) and all dependent children (full-time students) through the age of 22 residing in the same household.
A Family Membership is $77/month ($50 joiner fee). A family is defined as two adults and all dependent children (full-time students) through the age of 22 residing in the same household.
*Joiner Fee: The Y believes that members are co-owners of the organization. As co-owners each member is asked to pay a one-time Joiner Fee as a mission investment. These dollars are primarily used for non-expansion capital improvements like new equipment, building repairs, and preventive maintenance. Those who allow their membership to lapse for more than 90 days, except for a medical reason, are classified as new members and are therefore subject to pay the Joiner Fee upon enrollment.
Financial Assistance: At the YMCA, no one is ever denied membership or access to programs due solely to the inability to pay. The YMCA maintains a scholarship program for those in need of financial assistance. READ MORE.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership in the YMCA of the Twin Tiers is non-transferable.
- All memberships are based on an annual or monthly (continuous) basis. Bank draft memberships are continuous until written notice is given to the YMCA 30 days prior to termination. All cancellations must be done, in person, at the YMCA. Those who make full payment at the time of joining will receive a renewal reminder one month preceding expiration of an existing membership plan.
- Thirty (30) days written notice is required to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Membership may be put on hold for documented medical reasons, military service or maternity leave only. Holds are available for a maximum of 90 days/year. Please contact your branch Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to age 16 years without a waiver signed by the legal guardian and completion of YMCA Branch fitness equipment orientation.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member’s credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any servce fee the member’s credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- Membership cards must be scanned at the front desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $3.
- Click HERE for our Facility Guidelines
Youth in 5th grade and under must have a parent with them in the building after 5:00 PM Monday-Friday and all day on Sat/Sun, unless enrolled in a program.
Silver Sneakers – Enroll at the Y. The Silver Sneakers program offers a free membership for individuals with qualifying insurance programs including many Humana, Ucare, and other Medicare supplement plans. To enroll, fill out a Silver Sneakers membership application and get verification of eligibility at the YMCA.
UnitedHealthcare® AARP – Enroll at the Y. The AARP program offers membership at a 50% savings for individuals carrying this plan. To enroll, bring your insurance card and get verification of eligibility at the YMCA.
Silver and Fit – Enroll at the Y. The Silver and Fit program offers membership for individuals with qualifying insurance programs including many Health Partners, Medica, and BCBS Medicare supplement plans. The Silver and
Fit program offers at a $25 annual copay for the individual. To enroll, fill out a Silver and Fit membership application and get verification of eligibility at the YMCA.
Renew Active (Optum® Fitness Advantage) – Enroll at the Y. The Renew Active program offers a free membership for individuals carrying this plan. To enroll, bring your insurance card and get verification of eligibility at the YMCA.
Independent Health Encompass 65® – Enroll at the Y. The Encompass 65® program offers a free membership for individuals carrying this plan. To enroll, bring your insurance card and get verification of eligibility at the YMCA.
Active & Fit – Enroll at the Y. Active & Fit is available for participating health plans, employer groups, and associations (ages 18-64). Beginning January 1, 2019 there will be no co-pay collected at YMCA’s for Active & Fit. The members will pay any annual fees directly to American Specialty Health. UPMC will continue to participate with Active & Fit commercial in 2019.
ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE BY THE YMCA.
membership card procedure
All members receive a new membership card when joining the Y and are required to bring it each time they use the facility. These ID cards also double as access cards to enter the facility. Replacement cards are $3.00.
member Guest Policy
- Members are encouraged to introduce the Y to others.
- Limit: two guests per active adult member per visit, free of charge.
- Three visits per guest per calendar year.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member and have a photo ID if over 18 years of age.
visitor day pass policy
- Guests are welcome at the YMCA, space permitting.
- One free visit with coupon then:
- $5 for full-time students age 13-22
- $10 for adults age 19 and older
- $15 for families
- All visitors must provide a photo ID.
Nationwide Membership Program
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues).
We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
What You Need to Know
- Valid for active, full facility YMCA members
- On a monthly basis, nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership
- Make sure the Y offers the services and amenities you plan to use
- Bring a photo ID with you for your visit
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting another Y location
Financial Assistance Policy
YMCA of the Twin Tiers programs and activities are designed to benefit all persons, and fees are based on the cost of providing each program. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, when financial assistance dollars are available, the YMCA will assist any individual or family that wants to participate but cannot afford the fee.
MILITARY OUTREACH INITIATIVE
The Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers YMCA memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to a nearby military facility. Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Family member of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty families who live in one of the selected Joint Bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process (contact Military OneSource for a list of eligible Joint Bases)
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters (example: Recruiters)
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Note: Eligibilty is for Title 10 personnel only.
The Department of Defense will underwrite memberships at participating YMCAs for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals (up to 12 or 18 months depending on eligibility) will be funded based on military family’s or service member’s ability to meet the participation requirement of 8 visits to a YMCA each month.
Getting Started– To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or call 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form. Note: Forms are also available through the membership director at your local branch.
Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to any YMCA of the Twin Tiers branch for verification.
Corporate Match Program
We believe healthy employees are happy and productive employees. The YMCA of the Twin Tiers partners with area companies to offer a $10/$10 corporate match membership program.
To find out if you are eligible for our corporate match program’s membership savings, please contact your human resources department or call the Y.
Child Watch Facilities
All YMCA branches provide child watch care during specified hours. Hours and policies differ at each facility.
Click here for branch hours.
Child Watch is free for Family and Single-Parent Family members. READ MORE.
As a YMCA member, you have many benefits but you have some responsibilities, too. You will be asked to get involved and be a champion for the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. You may be asked to volunteer or contribute to the Y’s annual support campaign that underwrites membership and program assistance for those who cannot afford the full fees. The YMCA involves members in offering their time, talent and treasure for the greater good.