VOLUNTEERS – Why we need your help!
The Annual Campaign is the single most important funding source that will allow the Y to continue changing lives.
Volunteers are the heart of the Y.
By volunteering for this campaign, you will help to:
- Provide funding for programs that require a subsidy in order to cover the cost of operating. Many important YMCA programs cannot be sustained through fees alone. Examples include: Learn to Swim, Day Camping, expanded Youth Sports, Child Care, and Family programs.
- Furnish financial assistance to those who cannot afford to pay program or membership fees. Your Y operates with the philosophy of charging fees to those with the ability to pay and helping those who can’t, an honorable arrangement. 25% of Y members are receiving some form of assistance.
- Tell the Y story in the community. In meeting face to face with contributors, you provide important information about Y programs and our goals.
- Gather feedback from the community as to how we’re doing and how we are perceived. This gives Y leaders helpful information on how to improve our programs and what new goals we might pursue.
- Develop leadership for the Y and the community. Campaign volunteers have the opportunity to develop organizational and communication skills that help them succeed at work and in other civic activities. Many campaign volunteers have attributed their advancements to experiences in the Y Annual Campaign. In this respect, it is one of the most important, largest and most successful adult programs at the YMCA of the Twin Tiers.
- Nurture an appreciation for the value of voluntary community service and charitable giving. To choose and give freely of our time, money and talent is a unique American privilege. Yet, many people have not learned the value of giving and the great satisfaction that goes with it. We want people to learn that when they help out others, they help themselves even more.
Need more information?
For more information on the Annual Campaign, please call 716-701-1376.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?