The YMCA is one of the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
For over 130 years, the YMCA of the Twin Tiers has been here for the community, and we're here for good!
During 2015, the YMCA returned over $1.25 million in mission services to the community in the form of direct financial assistance to individuals and families, as well as subsidized programs.
- $691,726 in Membership Assistance
- $545,128 in Child Care Assistance
- $6,718 in Youth Sports Assistance
- $9,081 in Day Camping Assistance
2013 Community Impact Report (pdf)
2014 Annual Report (pdf)
2015 Annual Report (pdf)
The YMCA of the Twin Tiers is not just a gym, it is a community. We offer so much more than a traditional gym, here are some programs you may not know about: Senior Aquatics, Diabetes Prevention, 6th Grade Initiative, Dance, Theater, Gymnastics, Early Learning Readiness, Lifeguard Certification, Wellness Programs, Swim League, Polar Bear Series, New Mom Program, Corporate Partnerships, Aquatic Rehab, Senior Programs, Afterschool Care, Infant Care, Child Watch and so much more!
Through our members and program participants, the YMCA of the Twin Tiers reaches more than 16,000 people annually. Providing programs and services that nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. Through financial assistance, supported by your Annual Campaign donations, we are proud to say that, on average, 1 in 4 YMCA members and 7 in 10 children in YMCA child care/early learning programs can only participate because of this program.
How you can help impact your community
There are 3 simple ways you can help us reach our goal and profoundly impact your community.
- CAMPAIGN. Join us in our cause to strenghten community by becoming a Campaigner and raising funds for the YMCA
- SHARE. Your stories are our history. Share your Y story and experiences with us.
- DONATE. Here are a few ways your donations will help change our community:
- $65 can give: a session of youth sports programs like gymnastics, swimming, basketball and T-ball for a child.
- $150 can give: a kid one week of summer camp, creating life-changing experiences.
- $450 can give: an older adult stay physically and socially active by providing a senior membership.
- $700 can give: a single mom a year membership for her family to get healthy and spend quality time together.
- $1,000 can teach: 100 community children swimming skills and water safety lessons.